Wednesday, October 27, 2010

doesn't every mommy artist love to make the costumes herself?

I am in middle of ruffling a gazillion yards of chiffon for petticoats that will be worn by my girls on Halloween this year.  I am sure that I will need to delegate an entire post to this particular costume making experience but tonight I just wanted to post a little about Halloween from years past. 

When Yasmeen was born nearly 11 years ago, I couldn't wait until she was old enough to have some fun with dress up and costumes.  I didn't know how to sew back then so my first attempts were OK but the real fun began when I started sewing.  Yasmeen was 7 so it wasn't that long ago.  I'll share some pics of the past 3 years and then I'm back to ruffling chiffon.




This was the year Yasmeen was 7, she was a spider by day (for school)..


and a supermodel/ ballerina  by night..


When she was 8, I upcycled a "lovely" women's jumpsuit that was given to me by my dear sister Dru (she wore it for a costume some years before) and a teen-age Pebbles she became..


she had a BamBam with her but he was not a teen at all ; )


At 9 she became a teen-age hippy (yes, she is obsessed with the wonderful teen years) ready for a wild night out with friends (and lots of candy)..



we tied died little brother and gave him some war paint too...the baby had a tie died onsie on but that was about it and there are no pics!  I'll be sure to get pics this year. 


1 comment: