Thursday, December 23, 2010

car rolls...as I promised, just a day or two later than said

I have to begin with a BIG I don't know how all of the other mom's who blog do it!  I finished the car rolls several days ago but getting great pictures with everything else that needs to be done around here was just daunting...so I settled for what I got and maybe there will be a new year's resolution in all of this ; )  Here they are.


This is the inside of my daughter Evelyn's, I bought the only pack of cars that I could find with a pink caddilac and wouldn't you know, there are only five in that bag!  Well I have made six pockets so I think it's time to pull a shiny red car from Moses' stash ; )


Moses and Evelyn are getting my little hatchbacks...just like the first car I bought (VW golf) but with a much nicer paint job.





My nephew's


and my niece



are getting these 


I only filled the ones for my little monsters so here the two stand filled with goodies.

Remember that these were far from my idea, I got the idea and tutorial here.  I didn't go to the bottom of Jill's tutorial until after I was done with most of the making but if I had, I might have realized that there were TEMPLATES that make the process of cutting out cars and painting on numbers much EASIER!  It's OK though, my kids got hatchbacks and that would never have happened if I had seen the templates ; )

I am off to conquer the rest of the rosettes so that everyone will have a gift under the tree.  I hope to be back with picks before Christmas but if I'm not, Merry Christmas to everyone!

5 comments:

  1. So very creative, Great Wendy mtlf! Merry Christmas to you and yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! Jill, I was so bummed not to be able to get great pics like yours up! You are one of the great blogger mom's that I was referring to! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and thanks again for posting such a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are really cute! You did a great job. I'm sure they were a big hit with the kids :)

    ReplyDelete