Sunday, November 21, 2010

birthdays are super special...

That is why I am up at this ridiculous hour, working my arse off to finish Yasmeen's birthday surprise.  The pillows are almost done (one blind stitch left), the blueberry muffins are ready for breakfast, over 3 dozen cupcakes are baked and iced, ready to go...really gaudy flowers (hot pink and orange) are in a vintage vase by her bed.  There is still so much more to do and I am hoping it all gets done before my wonderful 11 year old arrives home from school.

I have been asked by a large number of people "why? can't you do it smaller?"  No, no I can not ; )  I was blessed with a family that celebrated my life (wait, they still do) ever since I was born.  It wasn't about large parties (although there were a number of those), it was just about celebrating.  My mother would wake us up with our favorite breakfast and one gift.  The whole family would sing happy birthday to you before you were even seeing straight.  Then there was dinner, a wonderful dinner in which you could request deep fried chicken mashed potatoes, and sopapillas all on the same table on the same night!  My mom is great ; )  It was magical every year...one special day that was always set aside for me.  I want my children to have that too.

Here are some pics of the crazy going on in my house right now:




cupcakes before the icing.. had to run to the HEB at eleven o'clock when I realized there was no more powdered sugar for the butter cream..ugh



There are 150 photos in total and as soon as I get home from taking her to school those bad boys are going up on one of her walls



ruffles, ruffles and more ruffles..



still need to be ruffled...



this lamp shade will be the home to the mountain of ruffles when I finish them



a ridiculous number of pics that look to be of the same cup cakes..



but there not!



34 kids will be in her classroom when these are served



and you know she'll want to deliver cupcakes to every teacher that she's ever had ; )



ran out of butter cream icing and it's too late to make more right now

1 comment: