Thursday, December 2, 2010

Birthday Party and a great idea for Party Favors

 As I have shared with you all before, I think Birthday's are a BIG deal.  I love celebrating the lives of the ones I love.  You've already seen a pic from Yasmeen's "family party" in my last post but there was more.  We threw her "friend party" on the following Friday night with 5 of her closest friends.  Her slumber party was a success made possible by wonderful friends and our dear neighbor Jacquie who volunteered to drive us all to the ice skating rink at the Galleria (yes, on Black Friday!).  Here are some highlights  from the party.


gotta have balloons!


a root beer toast to the Birthday girl!


my wonderful neighbor and friend, Jacqui the driver


waiting on line to get ice skates


gotta love a turquoise hat with scarf to match!


little Evy joined the slumber party movie watching  fun


plenty of pillows and plenty of popcorn


a birthday breakfast with the little ones joining in



Evy scored the candy cane turned into a hat



 I also wanted to show off the party favors that I whipped up (late, they are going out with the thank you notes tomorrow).  I found the idea for the wrist wallets here where there is a link to a great tutorial here .  Yasmeen loved them and picked out the fabric from my monster stash of smaller cuts. 
but that will have to wait another day because I am running behind on all of my pics and editing.  Hopefully the post with the pics will be tomorrow.  I have to say that as much as I am enjoying this little blog, it is really a challenge to get to it and actually have all the photos of everything you want to share ready to go.  So until tomorrow...





2 comments: